Every few months, you must ensure that your garage door threshold is maintained accordingly by making simple adjustment. Most of the standard garage door uses a similar way of adjustment method but if you are not sure, you can always check the owner\’s user manual before starting to do any adjustments. The information provided below should be able to help you adjust your garage door threshold and ensuring it to work smoothly and safely.
What you need to consider doing:
- Adjusting the up-adjustment or down-adjustment limits screw
- Ensure that the garage sensors are working fine
- Double check safety reverse feature
- To lubricate the hinges, rollers and tracks
- To lubricate cable connections and springs
- One way of doing the adjustment is by adjusting the limit-adjustment screw. This is normally done to a garage door which is not opened completely instead it just opens at least up to 5 feet. The limit-adjustment screw needs to turn accordingly in a clockwise way.
- As for garage door which closes partially and not completely, the down-adjustment screw needs to be turned accordingly in a counterclockwise way.
- If your garage door suddenly reverses when it is closing, you have to firstly ensure that its sensors are not being blocked by anything. If it is not blocked, you can just increase the down-force. The same goes if the door is not able to open at least up to 5 feet, then you can increase its up-force.
- Always ensure that your garage door opener\’s safety reverse function works properly. This is to prevent any untoward accident to people, pets or any objects that may be crossing the way when it is closing.
- Testing needs to be done by placing a 2-by-4 across your garage door\’s threshold before pressing the close button. If the door stops but does not ascend immediately, you need to turn the screw clockwise by one-quarter on the down limit. After that, test the safety reverse system one more time.
- All moving parts of the garage door needs to be oiled in order to allow them to operate smoothly and more quietly.
- To lubricate the cable connections and springs by applying one or two drops in area where the two cables connect to the bottom roller mount brackets. Make sure to check the cable for any wear and tear.
- Then, you need to run a bead of oil along the top of the torsion spring where the oil will work its way down enabling it to coat the spring and prevents corrosion.
By now, you must have properly adjusted your Garage Door Threshold.