Build a Brick Fence Post
Brick fence post has become one of the ways to protect your property well. It is considered one of the best ways, in terms of brick fence, to secure your property well. There are many ways and design to build your brick fence post, but overall the process is not that complicated.
If you want to have a solid statement fence to your property area, then the brick fence posts create the best ones. With the proper tools and a few instructions, you can build your very own brick fence posts without the helping of professionals. Before starting this project, measure the dimensions of your fence posts and bring it to the brick supplier. The supplier advices you on how many bricks you will need and you can get the rest of the tools at the home improvement store. Here are the steps on how to do it.
You will need:
- Measuring tape
- Wooden stakes
- Coarse sand
- Concrete mix
- First, take the measurement of the length and the width of your fence posts. Mark the outline with wooden stakes and string. Clear the ground where you will lay the brick by removing any grass and skim the top with a shovel to make it leveled. You will be laying two bricks side by side around the perimeter to create the walls of your fence posts.
- Then, make a mix of half of dry concrete mix with half of coarse sand. Make sure you make enough mix to spread the ½ inch layer on the cleared ground where the bricks are laid for your fence post. Spread the sand to blend evenly. Mix the water with the concrete mix by following the manufacturer\’s instructions. Spread a thin layer on top of the sand which is large enough to place two bricks along the length or width of the fence posts. Level the concrete and use the edge of your trowel to scrape the top.
- Next, place one brick into the concrete mix where the outside corner of your fence post will be. Create an adhesive for the second brick by layering some of the concrete mix on the inside edge of the brick. Place the second brick next to the first brick by edge to edge. Firmly press both bricks into the concrete.
- Place two more bricks side by side at a 90-degree angle to the first set to create the corner of your fence post. You can continue adding more two-brick base around the perimeter of your fence post by smoothing a layer of concrete mix between each of the bricks.
- In the center of the mortar seam of the first two, stack the next two bricks. Gradually, build your brick fence posts up to your desired height by working your way around the outside perimeter. If you build the fence posts walls simultaneously, it will offer a better stability to the structures.