Build a Brick Wall
Any type of walls is build for a reason. Mainly we build walls to create a cover for our home or garden. In other walls, creating or building a wall makes us feel secure and protected at the same time. There are many types of walls around that we can build, but the most popular one is certainly a brick wall, most probably due to the fact that they last longer than the other walls. Bricks can either be built into a veneer wall or in any wall you like.
Whenever you build a brick wall by yourself or with some help, it gives you a sense of pride and accomplishment, but if you do not have the experience in doing the task, it can be very challenging. Planning to build a brick wall is easy but if you want it to last long and withstand any climates, you need to use the correct technique of brick wall building. This project can be hard to do is you don\’t know your way around. If you feel better to have some help then ask for someone to assist you. It will be a fun project then.
What you need:
- Bricks (depending on the length and the width of the wall)
- Measuring tape
- Brick Trowel
- Mortar mix
- Wall Ties
- Safety Gear
- Provide a concrete footing for your brick wall to enable it to stand firm and vertically aligned. Make sure to clear the area of any obstacles when doing your construction work. Once your concrete footing has dried, mark its length so that it is perfectly aligned.
- Wet the bricks so that it will not draw any water from your concrete flooring and mark the area that you wanted to build your brick wall using a chalk line. It is recommended that you start to build the brick wall from the corner of your concrete flooring because it will enable you to easily estimate the wall\’s distance as you start to construct it.
- Fix the bricks along with cement and carefully place it one after another in sequence without leaving any gap between the bricks. For further firm grounding of the bricks, you need to place cement under the bricks. This is because the bricks are the base of the wall and you must ensure that you use sufficient cement to create a strong base.
- Once finished laying your bricks half way through the concrete floor, you need to add the first layer of bricks on the base and make sure there is no amount of spacing between the bricks that could reduce the strength of your wall.
- Make sure each layer of the bricks is perfectly aligned to each other by using the 1/8-inch cord from one end of the bricklayer to the other. Once you finish layering the bricks according to your layout plan, your task is completed. To make sure everything was done well, check back and see if all was laid out properly.