Build A Wall Wine Rack For A Home Bar
It\’s a fashion to have a home bar in homes nowadays. Never mind the fact that there might be kids in the house, people still enjoy and like the idea of having a home bar in their living room. Most people do it for themselves while others do it to entertain guests when they come over. Ideally, a home bar is not just a simple home bar. It can be created in different themes and designs, just the way you want yours it to be.
Moving on from the home bar, if you are a wine lover and have a massive collection of wine, be it empty bottles or full ones, you definitely should create one for you.
While providing storage for bottles of wine, the other function of having a wine rack is as a partition between walls. Building a rack as a wall is fairly easy when they are designed for ceilings that are eight feet tall. Here are the steps on how to make a wall wine in less than few hours.
You will need:
- Tape measure
- 2 of 2 inch x 4 inch x 45 inch pine boards
- 2 of ¾ inch, 4 feet x 8 feet oak plywood
- 8 “C” clamps
- Screw gun
- Fine sand paper
- Wood stain
- Stud finder
- 2 of 2 inch x 4 inch x 8 feet pine boards
- Chalk line
- 3 ½ hole punch
- Tack cloth
- 40 of 3 inch wood screws
- First, screw a 45-inch board to the ceiling where you would like to build your wall wine rack. Use a stud finder when screwing into studs. Screw your second 48 inch board to the floor directly under the board on the ceiling. Make sure that there is a 1 ½ inch clearance at both ends of the boards. Screw an 8 foot board to each side of the 48 inch boards as the frame of your wall wine rack.
- Then, snap the chalk line lengthwise across one piece of plywood every 4 inches starting 2 inches from the 8 foot edge. Snap the chalk line perpendicularly across the first set of lines starting 2 inches from the 48 inches edge and spacing them 4 inches apart.
- Clamp your second sheet of plywood to the first so all the edges are flushed and the chalk lines are visible.
- Drill a 3 ½ inch hole through both sheets where each chalk line intersects. Reposition the clamps one at a time. Remove the clamps from the plywood and these holes will support your wine bottles.
- Screw a sheet of plywood to each side of the pine board frame. All of the edges of the plywood should be flushed with pine boards. Use a sand paper to sand down the plywood sheets. Wipe them down clean with your tack cloth and apply with wood stain if necessary.
The Wine Bar — Wine and Wine Glass Rack — 6 Bottles, 8 Stems, from Oenophilia
(WC-6) Solid Wood In the Wall Wine Rack Cabinet Recssed or inset in your wall for the look of a built-in, Your choice of Enamel or Stain Finish, 4″, mounts in wall using only construction adhesive, stores up to 8 wine bottles inside.