Portable Air Conditioner
When choosing a portable air conditioner, it all depends on your specific requirement and your needs which can provide the best cooling solution to your home. The small portable air conditioning unit is normally suitable in areas where there are conventional window units or central heating and also in places where air conditioning units are not practical to be installed. The information provided below should be able to help you purchase the right portable air conditioner.
What you need to consider doing:
- Determine the area size to install the unit
- Look for the unit with right BTUs
- Choose a quiet model with low noise
- Add on a drainage system
- Ensure the model chosen comes with foam insulation materials
- The first thing that you need to take into consideration is the size of the area that you want to have a cool environment because a portable air conditioning system cooling power and performance is not the same as a window unit or central unit, but with an appropriate size portable air conditioning unit, you would be able to have a moderate amount of comfort.
- A normal portable air conditioning system that comes with 7,500 BTUs can provide cooling for up to 150 square feet area and this type of units can also provide up to 12,000 BTUs depending on its model for cooling an area as large as 350 square feet.
- You should consider having a portable unit which has a condenser that hangs outside of your house so that the noise level is reduced significantly. Or even choosing quieter models such as the Royal Sovereign ARP 1000ES or the Haier HPE07XC6 that comes with a low noise level during its operation.
- You should also consider having a drainage system for the portable unit. Although it is designed without a drainage system or exhaust hose because it uses a condensate pan, you still can have a drainage system for the unit. This can be done by passing the hose through a window for allowing the condensate to be able to drain outside rather than to the condensate pan.
- Always make sure that the portable air conditioner unit comes with a foam insulation material because this material will help you prevent any outside air from coming through any gap or holes into your home.
By now, you should be able to purchase the right portable air conditioner.