If you want to find versatile flooring for any room in your house, the answer will be laminate flooring. They are attractive with many designs to choose from, durable and easy to take care for. Although, laminate floors protected by tough coating, avoid letting the floor saturating with the water. The water saturation against the laminate flooring will eventually seep into the floors and cause delamination. It\’s not that hard to care for your laminate floor if you have the right tools and way to do it. Here are the methods that you can use to care for your laminate flooring.
You will need:
- dust mop
- felt pads
- The laminate floor has to be sweep regularly. You can use a dust mop that has been sprayed with a furniture spray in areas which are liable to collecting dust balls. You can find this product in any hardware store or home improvement. The other tool that you can use is a mop with microfiber padding. This mop will help you to decrease the frequency of cleaning.
- To wash the floor, you can use a swiffer-type mopping system. Mix a gallon of water with a ¼ cup of vinegar, undiluted cleaner specially designed for laminate floors as cleaning solution. Avoid using any abrasive cleaners on laminate floors as they will only damaging the floors. Notice that some manufactures make a regular cleaning regime a stipulation of the floor warranty, so you might want to ask for some advice with the home improvement assistant to choose the right undiluted cleaner.
- To prevent cloudy spots or streaks, rinse the floor well as soon as possible. Use paper towels or a soft cloth to clean up any spills immediately. Any spills that are left on the laminate floor in a long period without proper clean up will cause delamination. In high traffic areas and in places that can be easily exposed to water such as the bathtubs or near the kitchen sinks, use rugs to prevent the water from contacting the laminate floor.
- Felt pads can be placed under the legs of heavy furniture. These will prevent the heavy furniture from denting your laminate floor.
- Maintain a constant level of humidity in rooms with laminate floors that are exposed to high humidity. In this case, you can use humidifiers to control the humidity level.
- If you have bad or damaged tiles or planks it is best to replace them immediately. If you are not sure to do these tiles replacement job properly, hire a professional or handyman to help you.