Choose Kitchen Bar Stools
It\’s a fashion to have a home bar in homes nowadays. Most people do it for themselves while others do it to entertain guests when they come over. Ideally, a home bar is not just a simple home bar. It can be created in different themes and designs, just the way you want yours it to be. With the same thought, we constantly try to add several items to our homes. The kitchen is one place in the house where we constantly keep adding new items to it.
If you have a bar in your kitchen and decide to buy some great looking bar stools, there are many things to consider before going out and buying something that looks great for your kitchen bar. Here are the steps on how you can choose stools that suits perfectly with your kitchen bar.
- Search for a material that is easy to clean. Since they are in the kitchen and getting a lot of wear and tear, food and drinks will most likely be spilled on them occasionally, cleanable stools will make your cleaning process at ease.
- Choose the seat height that you need. Different bars come with different heights and the seat does not have to be as high as the bar. Measure the distance from the floor to the underside of your bar.
- Have a seat that has a height of 11 to 12 inches less than the distance from the floor to the underside of the bar. You would want your seat to be about 26 inches high if the bar is 37 inches high.
- Next, determine the number of bar stools that will fit in your kitchen. Measure about 30 inches from the center of one seat to the center of the next seat and then divide the length of your bar by 30 to determine how many stools that can fit nicely at the bar. Also, take consideration to any doors and walkways available. This will prevent the problems of bar stool maze while you are cooking.
- Materials of the stools are also important to look at when choosing the right kitchen bar stools for your home\’s kitchen. Wooden bar stools suits the country look kitchen while for modern cotemporary look, you might want to choose aluminum bar stools or powder-coated steels. Metal bar stools are easier to take care than wooden bar stools that come with different types of finishes. Aluminum bar stools are lighter than powder coated steel.
- Finally, decide on the features. If you need the stools to fit under the bar and out of the way when not in use, purchase backless bar stools instead. Bar stools with a back rest or arms will take more space and cannot be slid under the counter. Comfort stools such as padded seat covers for different types of bar stools will be a great feature for a cozy bar.