Christmas train decoration is another way of decorating your house for the holiday season to look merrier and to give a unique stylish décor. A holiday-themed train village under the Christmas tree will definitely add a different scene to your house rather than using a simple decoration. Be creative enough to create them using a traditional model train set or even consider building a Santa train from leftover boxes and wrapping paper in order to provide a more festive and unique decoration.
What you need to do:
- Model train sets
- Construction paper
- Popsicle sticks
- Foam board
- Wrapping paper
- Different sized boxes
- Firstly, you can use model train sets where you can purchase from your local hobby shops nearby and place it under your Christmas tree along with miniature buildings, people and other accessories that you have in your house for creating a small holiday village. This holiday village can be your yearly holiday decoration tradition with new addition of family interests added on for each year. For example, you can add a ski shop for winter sports enthusiasts or even create a Santa look-a-like toy shop with his Elves busy at work.
- Another style of decoration is to create a Santa Train Parade out of your train sets resembling a holiday parade where you can also use construction paper in order to create a crowd gathering, pets and shops. You can even draw people or Santa Claus picture and then glue them onto a Popsicle sticks. Once finished, you can stick them up into foam board along your train’s route.
- If you do not have a train set, you can simply create your own homemade holiday train using different size boxes. These boxes need to be covered with festive wrapping paper and tie them together using colorful ribbon so that you will be able to create a line of train cars. To make it look more real-like, you can add wheels, windows and other accessories by cutting the necessary items from cardboard or construction paper.
- Besides that, you can also create an outdoor Christmas train decoration for instance in front of your yard, which will definitely attract attention from your neighbors especially children. Try to use bright colors with large displays to allow whoever looks at it having imagination of traveling to the North Pole or even being near to Santa Claus and his Elves producing toys.
- There are several ways available to create Christmas train decoration outdoor for example by using inflatable train set where you can blow it up and have an instant colored train set for your yard. Another way is to use the LED lit train set that comes with metal frame with colorful lights outlining the detail of the various pieces of each of the train set. The LED lit train set is much more different than the inflatable train set because it provides nice and beautiful effects, plus it is also more expensive.