Clean Granite in the Bathroom
The bathroom is considered one of the most important rooms in the house. It\’s a wonder to how bathrooms used to be and how they are now. Overtime, bathrooms are not just rooms, but they are places where people spend a lot of time, so it\’s only usual that bathrooms have evolved in a way that people feel more comfortable when using it. Different designs can be seen in the bathrooms of today, be it a public bathroom or a private one.
One such design that became very popular when it comes to designing bathrooms is to have granite in your bathroom. This is due to the fact that over the years, natural stone has made its way to be known as the best titling design choice one can have for their bathrooms. Kitchens are also known to be ideal to have the natural stone design. In today\’s time, natural stone is considered an affordable option for bathrooms thus explaining the number of bathrooms with this type of design. With its popularity, it\’s not difficult to find granite to be used in the bathroom\’s design. Most notably it can be found in depots or several home designing shops. Not forgetting, bathroom design shops.
Granite is a popular material being used normally for your kitchen or bathroom countertops. In order to clean it, you can use a cleanser which is made specifically for cleaning granite. This type of granite cleaner will disinfect, remove stain and not also leave an upsurge of soap excess or also damaging the countertop\’s surface.
What you need:
- Granite cleaner
- Cotton towels
- Paper towels
- Granite sealer (optional)
- First of all, you need to purchase a cleaner specially made for granite for example, the Marbamist spray cleaner or Method Granite and Marble Cleaner.
- Always remember not to use regular soap to clean your granite countertops because it will leave residue and furthermore, it will also reduce the glossy color finish of the countertops. Besides that, try to avoid haphazard chemicals namely bleach and abrasive cleaners because a drop of these mentioned chemicals will damage the countertops.
- When using the granite cleaner, try to spray it in a moderate amount and spray it on top of the countertop and ensure that you cover the entire surface.
- Leave the cleaner for at least up to one minute. You need to rub the cleaner around the surface of the countertop by using a clean cotton towel. Then, use a separate clean towel to dry the countertop.
- Whenever you found that the countertop is dirty, you can simply use the cleaner to clean the granite. Always remember that you must immediately clean any spills or stains after it happens especially if it is a perfume spill or alcohol. You must blot the liquids using a clean paper towel rather than rubbing it onto your countertop. The granite material is porous and it will absorb any liquid which are left on your countertop surface.
Now your granite will be looking lovely again in your bathroom.