Marble Bathroom Countertops
Bathroom countertops which are made from marble are one of a kind that is not only a beauty to look at but also comes with many different patterns and colors. Marble bathroom countertops exude the look of sophistication and luxury to a bathroom and it comes with the usual functions. If your bathroom is installed with a marble bathroom countertop, you might want to learn the proper way to clean them. With proper cleaning, it will make your marble bathroom countertop appear more beautiful and last longer but with no cleaning, the marble countertop can be ruined with your money going to waste. Here are the steps on how to clean a marble bathroom countertop.
You will need:
- Soft sponge
- Cotton cloth
- Hot water
- Stone cleaner
- Stone wipes
- It is best to keep your marble bathroom countertop dry. When you have spilled something on your marble countertop, the first thing to do is to use a wet sponge to wipe down the spills.
- By wiping down the marble countertop, the substance spills would not be able to seep into the pores of the marble thus not destroying it in any way. This step will help your regular cleaning process get much easier without any hassle.
- Then, use your stone cleaner by spraying them on your countertop. Continue by taking a sponge and wiping it clean. You can find stone cleaners in home improvement stores or if you can\’t find it, ask the store assistant to find it for you.
- Find the most suitable stone cleaner that is safe for all types of stone surfaces which includes marbles as well. Some stone cleaners do not need to be rinsed off. All you have to do is to spray on and use a sponge to wipe off. It is advisable to read the direction on the back of your stone cleaner before using it to prevent any unforeseen accidents.
- Next, lightly buff the marble countertop with a dry and clean cotton cloth. This buffing process is to ensure that your marble countertop will sparkle just like it is newly installed or as if it\’s newly bought.
- Remember not to use dish soaps or store cleaners for your marble countertops as these cleaners will damage the sealants of your marble and make your countertops look dull. Avoid using a scrub brush on marbles as it will scratch the countertops surface and your money will end up going to waste again.
- Repeat the cleaning and buffing steps once a week if you have no kids and if you have time on your hands. Otherwise, you will need to clean your bathroom marble countertop two or three times a week so that they stay clean.
- You could also use hot water and a sponge in between cleanings to prevent the counter from getting dirty. If you are in a hurry and have not much time to clean your marble bathroom countertops, you can also use a stone wiper. The stone wiper is also available in home improvement stores for you to purchase and is a great alternative if you have don\’t have much time to clean or during times when you suddenly have unsuspected guests on their way to your home.