Clean Mold off a Shower Wall
If your shower wall has been infected with mold, it will definitely give a dirty appearance to the wall, plus if you inhale a certain kind of mold, it can make you sick especially to young children and the elderly. Therefore, you need to clean the mold off your shower wall in order to prevent anyone in your house breathing harmful fumes coming from the mold growth. Some of the symptoms caused by the growth of toxic black mold include allergy-type symptoms, blood pressure irregularities, chronic fatigue, dark urine, diarrhea, dizziness, fever, excessive itching around your eyes, nose, mouth or skin; metallic taste in mouth, nose bleeding, puffy, droopy eyes and buzzing sound in the ears. You can clean the mold off your shower wall by using household products as mentioned below.
What you need:
- Plastic spray bottle
- Hard bristle brush
- The first thing to do is to fill white vinegar into a plastic spray bottle and for safety precaution you must mark the bottle as \’VINEGAR\’ using a permanent marker so that any untoward accident or misuse of the ingredient should not happen.
- You should always open your bathroom window or if you have fan in the bathroom, you need to turn it on to allow for air ventilation. This is important whenever you are using vinegar because even though it is nontoxic, it would still make you feel nauseated and cause headaches. It is also recommended that you install a small or medium size dehumidifier in your bathroom in order to reduce the moisture from inside the room.
- The next step is for you to saturate your shower wall using the white vinegar. This can be done through a spraying method on all of the mold spores thoroughly and allow the vinegar to soak into the mold spores for at least 45 minutes.
- Then, you need to scrub the wall exterior using a hard bristle brush and after you have finished scrubbing, clean the entire shower wall especially the mold spores because it can infect other section of your house.
- Next, you need to fill your pitcher with hot water or use your detachable shower head and splash it at the whole shower wall in order to remove the vinegar and also the remaining grime.
- Apart from that, you could also prevent the mold growth in the bathroom by wiping the area in the bathroom like the sinks, tubs and shower stalls each time after using it. The soap scum also is part of the reason why the mold started to grow in the area, therefore you need to use soap scum removers to clean the affected walls.
- If you notice that the affected area has become a serious contamination in your bathroom, it is recommended that you seek for professional assistance in removing the black mold. Ask an expert for his suggestion on what is the next course of action to take in order to remove the mold contamination.