As easy as it sounds, cleaning windows do have its own methods to make sure that your windows are cleaned perfectly but at the same time retain their squeaky cleanness for longer period. If you are among those who can\’t get it right on how to clean your windows at home, here\’s how you can do it. Some of the materials that you need can be easily found in your kitchen or just go ahead to the home improvements store.
Things that you need:
- liquid dish soap
- paper towel
- Make a cleaning solution of either a full cup of ammonia or 4 to 6 drops of liquid dish soap in 2 gallons of water. What you can also do is use a cup of vinegar in one quart of water. It is not advisable to use soap but if you are then try to minimize the usage of soap to prevent streaking.
- Put the sponge into the solution, this will allow the sponge to absorb just enough water to cover the window without flooding it. Then, wash the surface of the window with the sponge. You should pay special attention to the sides and corners of the window frame. These places tend to build up dirt and grime.
- In a bucket of clean water, dip a squeegee. Press the squeegee to remove excess water then lightly press into the surface of the window. You can start at the top and pull it down vertically then stop a few inches before the bottom of the window.
- To remove dirt and grime sticking on the squeegee, use a paper towel to wipe on it. Then right next to it, the window area, continue by pressing down the squeegee. Then, stop at the same place. Again, wipe off the squeegee using a paper towel.
- Keep continuing the process until the entire surface of the window, leave the final few inches at the bottom has been cleaned. Then proceed by doing it horizontally across the bottom section of the window. Then wipe off the water at the bottom of the window frame using a paper towel.