Although cleaning air conditioner filters is an easy task to do, it is often overlooked by us. We tend to forget that the air condition needs maintenance and cleaning so that they can work properly and efficiently. The information provided below should be able to help you clean your air conditioner filters and also improve the indoor air quality as well as save your money.
What you need to consider doing:
- Do inspection on the air conditioner
- Remove the filters
- Clean filters if it is in good condition
- Replace any damaged filters
- Install back the clean filter or replace with a new filter.
- Schedule you maintenance task
- Before doing any air filter cleaning, you need to inspect the unit to ensure that they are still in good working condition. You have to check the filter whether it has rips, tears, snags or how dirty it is which will degrade its operating efficiency. If the filters need to be replaced, you need to purchase the same filter according to your air condition model.
- For cleaning or replacing filters, you need to remove them first and also make sure you are doing it carefully so that it will not be damaged.
- If you find that the filters are still in good condition, you can proceed with the cleaning process.
- Nowadays, most of the filters used in the air condition unit are made of thin plastic electrostatic mesh which is also easy to clean by just rinsing it and then, allow it to dry thoroughly before you re-install it back.
- If you notice that the air filter is too damaged, you have to replace it and make sure the replacement filter is the similar type with your existing filter.
- Next, you need to install your clean or new filter by following the manufacturer\’s direction that comes with the new filter or doing the reverse steps mentioned in step 2 earlier. Assemble back all the parts that are removed accordingly to the air conditioner before you start to test its operation.
- Once you have finished doing the cleaning of the filter, you need to schedule a maintenance. For example, you can set the schedule maintenance for cleaning or replacing filters for your home at a minimum of once for every month, while for the offices, it is recommended that you do it for every two or three weeks.
Now you will be able to clean your air conditioner filters as well as your indoor air quality will be fresher.