If you have a clean air conditioner it will definitely help you to clear airborne allergens from your room or home, but do not forget that whenever the weather is full of moist or warm conditions, the inside of an air conditioner will be the main breeding ground especially for mold spores and also other bacteria. If this issue is not taken care of, it will mostly affect allergy sufferers especially within the area where there are active growing mold spores. You need to perform this exercise of mold cleaning for air conditioner system at least once in a year. The information provided below should be able to help you clean your air conditioner mold as well as keeping the indoor air clean and free of allergens, plus also extend the lifespan of your air conditioner system.
What you need to consider doing:
- A vacuum cleaner
- A long brush
- De-greasing cleaner
- Cloths or rags
- Provide a container for putting aside any waste
- First thing that you have to do is to remove the front plate filter from the air conditioner system and allow the filter to soak with soap or detergent and water for a while.
- Then, you can proceed with removing the grill plate from the unit and also any other metal coverings in order for you to view the inside of the air conditioner unit.
- Use a brush or vacuum for cleaning the dust that resides inside the air conditioner system and also ensure that every crevice inside the unit is free of dirt.
- Be extra careful not to damage any of the delicate pieces of the air conditioner system. Then, you need to de-grease the inside of the unit for at least 15 minutes before starting to wash the inner pieces using warm water and also make sure that the water does not hit any of the electrical wirings.
- You also have to vacuum any remaining dirt and mold spores and also drain any excess water left by the de-greasing exercise.
- Make sure that all the pieces that you have disassembled are not bent or damaged before you start to reinstall the front plate and grille. Then, you have to test the operation of your air conditioner system whether it runs smoothly or not.
- The last step would be to check the system whether it provides any loud noises after you have done the maintenance.
By now, you will know how well to keep the indoor air clean and free of allergens.