Convert Oil to Gas Heat
Converting oil to gas definitely helps you a lot on expenses for a long term period because it is cleaner, more efficient, and easier to maintain than using oil which at times will result to clogging problems especially during the winter season. The gas system is also quiet and manages to reduce half of your house heating bills, plus it does not need to be delivered, monitored or even stored on site. When you use gas heating, you will reduce the discharge of up to 40% CO2 and up to 99.9% sulfur dioxide. The two of them are the main contributors to our climate change and also acid rain. In order for you to successfully convert oil to gas heat, you have to follow the steps below. If you find that the job is too hard to do then you should opt for the services of a professional.
What you need:
- To contact your local gas company
- To contact your Licensed HVAC contractor
- Your budget for doing the conversion
- The first thing that you have to do is to determine whether there is a gas main in your residential area and this information can be gathered through your local gas company provider. If you were already using gas in your house, you should be able to know the procedures and also know where to get the information from.
- Once you have confirmed that there is a main gas line nearby or in your residential area, you should follow-up with your local gas company or your local HVAC contractor in order for you to have a rough estimation on the expenses in converting from oil to gas heating method in your place.
- The next thing to do is for you to determine your budget for converting oil to gas heating for your house because the cost is quite high depending on the residential area that you live in, and it also depends on the main gas and meter location. There are also other miscellaneous costs to be incurred for doing the conversion that you will have to count in. You must also take note of the age of your current oil system before doing any conversion because if it is still new, it is more cost effective for you to maintain its usage for the time being rather than converting to gas heating. In this way, you will save money and refrain from doing anything unnecessary.
- It is also recommended that the task of converting oil to gas heating has to be done by a professional or a licensed HVAC contractor because it is a very dangerous and tedious task to do it on your own. Some of the tasks include under the conversion process are tank removal and installation, plumbing work, electrical work, chimney work and ducting work. So it is better to let someone who knows how to work on it than getting into something that you don\’t know which might cause unforeseen troubles later on.