Pine cone works great as decoration for Christmas garland and wreaths. Other than that, a dried pine cone can be use to create a cute and beautiful Christmas angel. It is a good way to use pine cone as Christmas ornaments or you can even give this as present to children. Here is how to do it, and it will be a fun project so ask your children to help you:
Materials and tools you need:
- Dried pine cone
- Wooden ball head/ foam ball head
- Silver or gold spray paint
- Yarn or Spanish moss (search at craft store)
- Chenille stem/ pipe cleaner
- Craft glue
- Color markers
How to make:
- Spray the dried pine cone with silver or gold paints to add shine and color.
- Cut the ribbon in the size of 4 to 5 inches long or according to how big you want the angel’s wings size is.
- Glue the ribbon into back of the painted pine cone, pinched the middle of the ribbon to form the angel’s wings.
- To make the angel’s head, attach the wood ball or foam ballot the bottom of pine cone. You can create the face by using color markers. You can glue on yarn or Spanish moss for the angel’s hair. To make the angel’s halo, you can form it with chenille stem or pipe cleaner.