During Christmas or any other celebrations, it is always enjoyable when you are able to do some ornaments creation of your own in order to decorate your festive occasion. Below is an example for creating a unique photo ornaments that enable you to work together with your kids or family. It is a simple task to do and provides you to create your very own creation through your creativity.
What you need:
- 4?x6? Photograph especially horizontal photos
- Single hole punch
- Two paper fasteners
- String (pick a string that comes with same colour as your photo)
- First of all, you need to choose a 4”-by-6” photo and it is better to choose horizontal photo to make the ornaments. Pick a photo that has single with interesting pattern, shape or texture.
- Then, you need to cut the photo into ½” wide strips, about 10 to 11 strips in total. These strips will be forming the ribs of the ornament and each of it must be wide enough to enable you to punch a hole in it.
- Use a puncher hole to make hole at the top and bottom of all your strips.
- After that, you need to stack all the strips enabling you to stick a paper fastener through the hole on one end. Repeat with the other hole and then bend back the fasteners on the reverse side.
- Bend your bundle photo strips gently giving it some curvature enabling your ornament to be in a spherical shape when it is fanned out.
- Then, you have to pull out each of the strips and distribute it evenly around the globe of the ornament. After finishing doing it, it is ready to be hang.
- Gently re-shape the ornament according to your preferred shape.
- Then, you can use a loop string of 6 to 8 inches with similar colour to your photo for hanging your ornament from a tree, mantle, wall, ceiling or any other place which is suitable. Then you have to loop the middle of the string around the top fastener a few times in order to fix it to the ornament, then tie a simple knot for joining the two loose pieces of string to make the loop.
The photo ornament is very easy to make and it is a great quick-and-easy way to decorate your home or make it as gifts for family members and your friends.