Creating your very own craft ornaments using a clear Christmas balls enable you to have customize decorations that would be able to match your interior décor. The ornaments can be painted according to your preferred color, fill them up with sand or even attach items onto the clear Christmas balls for creating various and creative ornament decorations. This craft ornament can be hanged onto your Christmas tree to display them inside the glass bowl alongside other ornaments or even making money out of the craft ornaments by selling them at Christmas craft fair.
What you need to do:
- Clear Christmas balls
- Empty egg carton
- Small seashells
- Artificial snow
- Black acrylic paint
- Orange craft foam
- Craft glue
- Red ribbon
- Chenille stem
- Clear Christmas balls are especially made for crafting and it is easy to use it for creating crafted ornaments. You only need to open up its top piece and fill the balls with some shiny tinsel, red or green glitter, tiny toys or even a miniature stuffed animal. Besides that, you can decorate the outside of the balls with ribbons and trim. Once finished, you already have a gorgeous keepsake ornament.
- Another option is to create seashell ornament. Firstly, you need to remove the top of the clear Christmas ball ornament and then rinse the inside using cool water. Make sure to leave the ornament to dry thoroughly before you start to do anything with it.
- In order to prevent the ornament from rolling around, you can place it inside an empty egg carton.
- You should use small seashells that fit in nicely into the clear Christmas ball, but before you place the seashells inside it, you need to place a funnel on top of the ornament. Then, start to pour sand into the ornament until it reaches one-third of the ornament.
- Once you have finished, you need to place the seashells into your clear Christmas ball and then make sure you screw its lid back onto the ornament.
- Then, you have to thread the ribbon through the ornament’s top and tie the thread into a loop allowing you to hang the clear Christmas ornament on your tree.
- One more craft ornament that you can create is the Snowman ornament. Once you open up the lid of your clear Christmas balls, you need to place a funnel inside its opening and also fill the ornament using artificial snow.
- After you have finished doing the above step, screw back again the top of the ornament. Next, you can be creative by painting the eyes and mouth just like a snowman onto the ornament ball by using and acrylic black paint.
- Then, you need to take your orange craft foam so that you would be able to cut a small triangle before you start to glue it onto the ornament creating a snowman’s nose by using craft glue.
- Next thing to do is to tie a 12-inch of thin red ribbon into a bow before you start to glue the bow under the snowman’s mouth in order to create a neck for the snowman ornament.
- Look out for medium sized pom-poms and glue them to the sides of the ornament as if you are creating earmuffs for your snowman. The color that you want to use depends on your tastes and choices.
- After that, take the chenille stem allowing you to cut at least 3-inch piece. Try to bend it to allow its arches and connect the earmuffs. Finally, you need to glue the chenille stem to connect the earmuffs by using the glue.