You can use a lot of simple ingredients to create eco-friendly cleaning products such as baking soda (bicarbonate of soda), essential oils such as tea tree and eucalyptus oil for their anti-bacterial properties, salt, lavender oil, olive oil, lemon juice and vinegar (distilled white) because all these items clean as well as the commercial cleaning products. It also does not comprise of any hazardous chemicals which are sometimes bad for our bodies and also jeopardize the environment. Besides that, you can also save cost on your household expenses. In order to create your very own eco-friendly cleaning products, below are some of the tips that may help you in completing your task.
What you need:
- Empty spray bottles
- Baking soda
- White Vinegar
- Lavender Oil
- Olive Oil or Jojoba Oil
- Lemon juice
- Tea Tree Oil
- You need to use clean and empty bottles (spray bottles and/or screw-top bottles) for storing the eco-friendly cleaning products.
- Making a multi-purpose cleaner for the general cleaning of kitchen or bathroom by mixing one part of baking soda together with four parts of hot water, ¼ cup of vinegar and a few drops of oil (without drowning the solution with the oil). Then shake the mixed ingredients together well enough until they are combined and ready for usage.
- Create a window cleaner solution by using white vinegar along with water. This is done by adding equal parts of vinegar and water into a spray bottle before shaking it. This solution must not be done when there is direct sunlight facing your windows because the solution will dry very quickly and leave behind streaks.
- For scrubbing mould and grease, mix baking soda with a little water for making it creamy like a thick paste. Then, you can apply it on the affected area and scrub it until it is removed. The solution can be easily rinsed away using water.
- Mix two parts of oil along with one part of lemon juice to produce wood polish that you can use to wipe over your wooden furniture.
- For creating a mould inhibitor that can stop the growth of mould or mildew, you can mix two teaspoons of tea tree oil together with two cups of water and shake it well.