Creating one’s own hand made Tissue Paper Ball party decorations surely will light up the environment for any festive occasions such as parties, showers, celebrations, holidays, etc. It is an ideal and an in-expensive ways to spruce up the environment of the occasions. Example given below is a decoration Tissue Paper Ball for party decorations which you can design accordingly with your chosen size and preferred color.
What you need:
- 10 large sheets of tissue paper for large ball
- 3 to 4 sheets for the smaller ball
- Pipe cleaner for each you make
- Fishing Wire (for hanging purpose)
- Paper clip for hanging, (optional)
- Firstly, use 10 sheets of large tissue paper to make the large tissue paper ball, and then place them on top of each other. It is recommended to use a more rectangular shape, but the ones shown here is a square shape tissues (20 inches by 20 inches).
- After that, you need to fold the tissue just like a fan. For square pieces, it does not matter which side you fold, but as for tissue that comes with 20-inch by 26-inch, you need to fold it long ways.
- Then you have to flip it over and fold it the other way.
- Keep on continue to fold until it looks like the following picture.
- Then, fold it in half to find the middle of the tissue and twist on a pipe cleaner that you should double it around twice and then twist it so that there is an opening to put the fishing wire through.
- You need to trim the ends of each side, where you can either choose to do a curved point or a triangular point (like the small ones).
- Begin to poof up the ball in order to open it up.
- You can start fluffing on one side first and pull the top piece toward the middle and then, proceed with the other side. After that, flip it over and repeat the same process. Plump it up until your eyes are satisfied.
- Attached fishing wire to the tissue ball for the purpose of hanging it up on the ceiling or any place that you think suitable.
- Pick up three to four pieces of tissue paper (whichever is your choice) and cut them in half equally.
- Place them on top of each other just like in the first one.
- Follow steps 2-9 of the above mentioned steps (for the large tissues).
You can even change the colours, the sizes, even put a smaller piece on top and bottom to help cover up the centre. Change it up any way you want to according to your liking. You can also use a paper clip to hook it onto the ceiling.