Creating one’s own creative Christmas ornaments for the festive season will definitely spruce up the atmosphere to your house decoration. No matter what type of theme you choose for your holiday decorating, the most important thing is to incorporate color in some way to brighten up your home. Some of us would like to exchange ornaments between each other as a token gifts for Christmas and remembering one another before hanging them on the tree. One way to make this tradition even more special is by making handmade ornaments. The following crafts will help you accomplish a simple decoration for Christmas ornaments which are truly delightful and making you proud to hang them on the tree each year.
Creating a Sensational Spiral Snowman Christmas ornament:
What you need:
- White paper
- 5-inch square white card stock
- Clear tape
- Black fine-point felt pen
- Orange felt pen
- 4-inch square black construction paper
- 1-inch square each of red and green paper
- Craft glue
- 1/8-inch hole punch
- 8 inches cord
- First of all you need to tape spiral pattern to card stock, and cut out following lines on pattern. Remove pattern.
- Draw eyes, nose, and mouth on head at the center of the spiral by using black felt pen. Then you need to color the nose with orange color and fold the head upward.
- Cut out the patterns for the arm and hat. Trace around the arm pattern twice on black paper, and cut out. Fold the remaining piece of black paper into half, and place the top edge of the hat pattern along the fold. Trace around the pattern and cut it out. (Don\’t cut the fold)
- Apply glue inside of hat and slip it over snowman\’s head. Press the hat pieces together, tighten the head in between. Glue an arm to each side of the first spiral below head.
- From the green paper, cut out 2 holly leaves. Use a punch hole to make a red berry from red paper. Glue the holly leaves and the berry to the hat.
- Punch a hole in the center top of the hat. Fold cord in half, tie ends of cord together. Push the cord loop through the hole, and thread the tied ends of cord through protruding loop of cord. Now the Spiral Snowman ornament is ready to be used for decorations.
With just a few imaginative ideas, you have already made a simple and cute look self made Christmas ornament of your own without the need to purchase a new one.
This self made ornament can also be a gift to your family members who are not staying with you or for your friends. These cheery snow guys or gals will definitely liven up any Christmas tree. This can also be fun for any parents and kids to do together during the holidays. The snowy spring of a snowman is fun to make, and he\’ll add some bounce to your holiday decorating!