When we have a house, it\’s not fun to leave it as it is forever. Some people love change. Some people can\’t stand seeing the same thing every day. Decorating one\’s home has a purpose. The purpose is to make it homely and at the same time livelier. Decoration starts from scratch and every single important part of the house.
If you want to decorate your master room, the first thing that you need to do is to stuff all types of furniture and decorations to make your master bedroom a cozy place to hang out in. This is not true as less is more by creating a space that is inviting and attracting, but uncluttered and stuffy. Here are the steps on how to decorate a master bedroom.
You will need:
- Area rugs
- Determine what furniture that you need and measure the room before purchasing them. You should buy a good dresser and chest for your items such as clothing, lingerie, bedroom linens and jewelry.
- The tops of the dresser will work well for placing televisions, VCRs and stereos.
- If you need a tall storage space, consider an armoire which is a large upright chest with two or four doors. Many armoires have a rod inside to hang clothes and provide pull-out trays for televisions, VCRs, stereos or computers.
- A night stand is worth to buy as it is easy to reach from your bed and has at least one drawer for your belongings.
- If you want to create an illusion of a larger room, think about purchasing a mirror. Make sure to measure the width of the dresser if it is going to be on top of your dresser so that the bureau and mirror will match up and not look awkward.
- Buy a duvet or comforter cover for your comforter with matching pillowcases and sheets to make your bed cozy. For a finishing touch to your bed, decorate it with pillows on top. The pillows will work great for sitting up in bed.
- For warmth and charm to your master room, hang or drape an old quilt on the wall or a rocking chair. To make your nightstand and dresser remain uncluttered, place a large wicker basket for magazines and any other reading materials.
- For the comfort of your feet, place a small carpet around the bed if you have wood floors. Make sure you have the right lighting for your needs such as soft lighting for relaxing and bright lighting for reading. For a new and fresh look, paint your master room\’s walls.
We all love to make our homes beautiful or as homey as it can be. We decorate it as much as we can. We fill it up with nice furniture. We arrange everything accordingly. Decoration plays an important part of one\’s room. It defines and shows who we really are.