We all like to do something nice to bring in the New Year. What is better than having everyone important to you at your place for a nice meal to ring in the New Year. To have your loved ones and important ones over to your place, you need to plan well what will be the menu for the night and many other planning that you need to do.
Bring your guests over to your house for a New Year’s Day buffet instead of having a New Year’s Eve party. During the day, you can serve lots of delicious food and drinks and at the same time, enjoy a relaxing day with your family and friends. Decorating your buffet table for the day is fun and even easier when you take your family members to help you out. Here are the steps on how to decorate your buffet table for a New Year’s Day celebration.
Things that You Need:
- Dining Room Table
- Tiered Cake Holders
- Galvanized Bucket
- Champagne Glasses
- Small Gift Boxes
- Wrapping Papers
- New Year’s Greeting Sign
- Colorful Paper Confetti
- Noise Makers
- Fortune Cookies
New Year’s Day Buffet Table
- Determine the type of table that you will use for the buffet table. You can use your current dining room table, long folding tables or a couple of card tables. The amount of tables that you will need depends on how many guests you are inviting. For smaller things such as napkins, silverwares and plates, you can set up another small card table next to your dining table.
- Place two to three plastic boxes of varying heights on the table and use a tablecloth to cover the table and boxes. Drape the tablecloth around the boxes loosely, while the boxes under the tablecloth will add the needed dimensions to the table.
- To place your food and snacks for the guests, arrange different sizes of serving dishes, bowls and plates on the table.
- Tiered cake holders stacked on top of each is great for the cookies, small snacks cakes and hors d’oeuvres. To make sure your drinks such as champagne are kept chilled and fresh, place the bottles inside a galvanized bucket with lots of ice and set it on end of the table.
- Next to the bucket, arrange fluted champagne glasses so your guests can help themselves with the drinks. Wrap small gift boxes without the tops with festive papers to fill with mints, nuts and others mini treats.
- You can complete the look of your buffet-style table with a New Year’s greeting sign behind the table or over it, depending on the place where you are setting up the table. Hang and let the brightly colored streamers from the ceiling. Between the dishes and table, sprinkle colorful paper confetti and toss a few noise makers and fortune cookies randomly over it.