During Halloween celebrations, every one will try to decorate and beautify their homes especially the children. With beautiful decorations that managed to create an eye-catching atmosphere will definitely makes Halloween even more memorable not only to yourself, the children, but also to the people next to you or your guests who visits your house during that day or even kids who come for trick or treat. Below are some décor ideas enabling you to decide what to decorate during this festive season and Halloween is one of the most décor friendly holidays and also easy to adapt to due to its similarity to the colours of fall.
What you need:
- Coloured pens
- Coloured paper (in Halloween or autumn/falls colours like black and orange)
- Décor accents such as flowers and flower baskets in orange and black
- Strobe lights and dry ice
- Other scary effects such as self-made fake tombstone, fake coffins, zombie, skeleton etc
- pumpkin to make jack-o-lantern or use a ready-made lantern
- Decorating for Halloween is not an expensive work. You can use re-cycle items that you already have in your house and creative ideas to decorate either outside of your house or the interior. You can use children’s art sets for creating Halloween shapes like bats, black cats and pumpkins. The activities can also be a family affair project between parents and children.
- You can also create a jack-o-lantern or carve a jack-o-lantern pumpkin for even more festive look to light up the front porch of your house. If you have the budget, you can also purchase ready-made jack-o-lantern pumpkin from your local stores.
- It is advisable for you to maintain the interior or living room decoration flexible especially using the autumn/falls theme because Halloween is a one day occasion. The colours to use for the occasion include gold, orange and brown.
- Apart from that, orange theme flowers can also be used for arrangement in a black flower basket as a centrepiece either for your dining table or your mantle.
- You can also create giant spider webs from cut crepe paper or yam and hang them on your windows or any suitable locations in your house.
- Your lawn can also be turned into a cemetery look-a-like by adding fake tombstone that you can make from cut-out cardboard. This can be done just by cutting out the shape according to a tombstone and paint it with gray colour. Design your tombstone with RIP written on it or your preferred wording and then place it on your garden, plus add some dried leaves around the tombstone.
- To add scarier look, you can add strobe lights and dry ice on your front porch, or even make a fake coffins on the porch and also hang more spider webs from crepe paper or yarn.
Hopefully with all the above ideas, you will be enjoying decorating your home during the upcoming Halloween celebrations.