When Christmas time gets near, we wonder what more can we do to decorate our home. What more can we do to welcome this festive season into our home. We start off by decorating the big things and eventually end by decorating the little and small things.
Metal tins are generally used to keep sweet treats and cookies for better and longer shelves storage. During festive seasons such as Christmas, the metal tins are decorated with pictures that depict the elements of Christmas. If you finish consuming the cookies and treats, never throw the metal tins away as they can be transformed to beautiful Christmas decorations. At the same time, you are not only reducing waste, but also producing an admirable metal tin decoration for your Christmas. This is something fun to do before Christmas and not that many people have actually thought of decorating something like this. Here are the steps on how to decorate your place with Christmas tins.
You will need:
- Hot Glue
- Christmas Pictures
- Artificial Holly
- Spray Paint
- First, determine whether you want to keep the existed picture on your tin or not. If your picture already has a decorative Christmas picture on it, you may don’t have to do much. But if your metal tin comes with no decorations at all, use sandpaper to sand the tin’s entire surface to provide a clean and clear canvas for your paint. Spray any seasonal solid color, such as green or red, all over the metal tins. Leave the metal tin to dry off.
- Then, use a hot glue gun to stick the beads to the tin following a Christmas pattern. For example, you can make a simple Christmas element such as Christmas tree using green beads or create Christmas ornaments by using red beads. The creation is endless, so use your imagination and Christmas mood to make other patterns.
- Make an accent to the tin by using artificial holly, bits of lace, Christmas pictures from calendars and vintage holiday cards. Use the hot glue gun to secure the accent to the tin.
- To make a snowman, arrange white fuzzy pompoms according to the body shape of a snowman. Add black pompoms to create the mouth, eyes, arms, and hat. For a reindeer picture, you can use red and brown pompoms. Glue the pompoms with a hot glue gun to secure them on the metal tin.
- Finally, leave the metal tin to dry before displaying. You can prop the decorated lids of the metal tins on the tables, counter tops and shelves for display or you can use the whole tin. Make another use of your decorated tins to store potpourri, flowers and candy.
- You can choose to display your Christmas tins anywhere interesting that you find in the house. Placing it in a place where people will see it is even better.