Some people would like to create their own image and style which represent their personality when decorating and designing the bedroom. The bedroom by most of us is considered a personal haven where you will be resting and also a private place for relaxing. Some of the ways for decorating a bedroom are using various types of wall decor such as photos, paintings or posters or other items that can reflect and represent your personal feelings. Below are some of the steps required for decorating your own bedroom by reflecting your feelings;
What you need:
- Sentimental bedroom accessories such as old family photos, antique jewelry from ancestors, high school memorabilia, trophies or collection of tourist items.
- Bedroom lighting that should normally be soft, calm, soothing and romantic.
- Comfortable bedding set with soft tone and materials.
- Bed headboard.
- Decorative screen.
- Candles and aromatherapy scents.
- First of all, a bedroom is where you have a total control of your world that makes you relaxed without thinking of stress and the outside world. You can decorate one corner of the bedroom with family photos, an antique jewelry from your ancestors, your high school memorabilia, trophies that you have won during school days, an erotic art and also collections of tourist souvenirs.
- You also need to put up a soft, calm, soothing and romantic type of lighting in your bedroom to enable you to really rest and relax. Use a lampshade that displays low wattage bulbs or comes with tinted bulbs. You can also place a lamp near a mirror for creating a reflecting light concept.
- Then, choose comfortable bedding sets which can suit any kind of whether so that you do not have to change it all the time and it also must come with soft tone and materials. You can also choose bedding with lace and frills to add for a more romantic feel to the room.
- If you do not have a bed headboard, you can always create a simple one such as creating it using wallpaper and placing it behind your bed and outline it with a different wallpaper border, or just hang a drapery rod behind it and drape a suitable fabric behind the bed.
- You can also use a decorative screen that comes with fabric or paper which is suitable with your bedroom décor.
- Last but not least, use a candle to create the romantic ambiance combined with an aromatherapy scents such as lily of the valley, narcissus, lilacs, apple blossoms, cherry blossoms or nicotiana (flowering tobacco) to bring fragrance into your room. Some of your perfumes; creams and lotions also can be use as a highly scented and beautiful display if you place it nicely on your dressing table.