During Christmas celebrations, it is important for us to decorate and beautify our homes especially when you will be having guest coming to visits you during the holidays. With beautiful decorations that managed to create a relaxing and eye-catching atmosphere during the festive season, every normal household would definitely like to clean-up and decorates their homes with shimmering Christmas ornaments and lights which is the usual fare during this occasion. Each and every location of the house will be decorated with Christmas ornaments, from doors to the fire place, living room, bed rooms and even the corner of the home. Below are some décor for the front porch during this festive season.
- Gift Ribbons
- Plywood Sheets
- Tissue Paper
- Christmas Trees (real-like or imitation)
- Snowman-shape Santa and Large-shape Santa
- empty gift-boxes
- Candy Cane Yard Decorations
Luminarias (Traditional Candle Lanterns)
Twig Or Wire-frame Reindeer
- First of all, you need to cut a Christmas stocking shape from a piece of cardboard or plywood. Next, take that piece of plywood or cardboard and paint and decorate it. A couple of nice decorative things that in one way or the other look like gifts.
- Now, take another piece and cut a snowman shape out of it. Paint that piece of plywood and paint or decorate it for the front-porch decor. Don\’t forget to finish it off with a real hat and scarf of give it the traditional look.
- Then, place a couple of potted poinsettia – or several – near the front door. Afterwards, use the real plants if your climate is not too cold for these tropical plants.
- Go ahead and purchase a huge-sized Santa and make him pose/standby near a couple of twig or wire-frame reindeer.
- Try to find several empty boxes and gift-wrap it with colourful wrapping papers with ribbons, and put them all right near the front door. If your porch is not protected from the elements like rain, use coloured plastic wrap and ribbon.
- Place a real or the imitation Christmas tree beside your front door porch. If there\’s more space why not put two instead of just one?
- Now for the way to your home, decorate the path nicely by marking it in the snow and finish it off by placing welcoming stuffs on the way.
- All the railings must be solid and if possible, try to repaint railings to have a fresh clean appearance and it gives out a nice look. You can also add a hanging plant with matching containers to your front porch and if you have a large porch, also add a porch swing or comfortable seating for your guests and that would come in handy when there will be times where you will want to relax and this would be it.
- Add a decorative bench to welcome your guests. Do not forget to replace pavers, cobblestones, and flagstones if it is not in good condition. Meanwhile birdhouses, birdbaths, lanterns, wind chimes, window boxes, and water features or fountain certainly add a curb appeal and further beautify the main entrance of your home.
- Light your porch and walkway to make it safer and more festive for guests who visit during the long nights of the holiday season. Light fixtures are a key element when you want to add curb appeal to the front of your home. Light fixtures at the entrance and on the front porch should match the overall décor. Lining your walkway can also be a great idea, while adding flowerbeds with solar light fixtures is an added bonus to the decoration.
With all those decorations in place, your front porch will definitely be the envy of your neighborhood, thus making the Christmas celebration a more meaningful occasion this year.