Paper Christmas tree centerpieces are easy tasks to do and they form part of a great way for you to spend time and do it together with your children especially during the Christmas holidays when the whole family will be together. When Christmas time gets near, we wonder what more can we do to decorate our home. What more can we do to welcome this festive season into our home.To have a paper Christmas tree on your dining table will definitely add a more festive look during your Christmas dinner or can even be a gift for your friends or family members.
What you need to do:
- Green construction paper or other colors of your choice
- Markers, Crayons, glitter glue, or tempera paint
- Stick-on rhinestones
- Glitter glue
- Small bows
- Clear Tape
- Glue, hole punch, stickers
Christmas Tree Centerpieces
- In order to make a paper Christmas tree centerpieces, you need to fold one sheet of your green construction paper into half before cutting them down, according to the folded line, thus enabling you to create two sheets of paper.
- Once done, you have to stack the two pieces of construction paper on top of each other. Then, fold them together according to their same length.
- Next, you need to draw the outline of a Christmas tree half on the paper so that the branches reach away from the fold. After that, you must cut along the line that you have drawn.
- Then, you are able to unfold the paper in order to reveal two similar Christmas trees.
- After you have finished doing the above mentioned steps, you can proceed to cut a notch on the first tree at the top and stop at about halfway down the centre of the tree. Then, cut a notch on the second tree starting from the bottom and end about halfway up.
- Next step that you can do is to slide the trees together at the notches that you have created enabling you to form a three-dimensional Christmas tree.
- Make sure you secure the trees together using the clear tape starting with the top of the tree and also its bottom. You can also add a small star on top of your tree by cutting out a small construction paper star and cut a tiny slit in it. Once finished, you can place the star on top of the tree and secure it with your clear tape.
- Finally, you can decorate the trees with crayons, markers, glitter glue, or tempera paint, according to your creativity, for example you can create garland using glitter glue, draw ornaments by using markers as well as creating sparkle from adhesive rhinestones.
There you have it. That’s how paper Christmas tree centerpieces are made. This is definitely a different and nice way to make Christmas better. What’s more, your kids will definitely enjoy this one.