When there is a crack anywhere on the ground, it is not good to leave it as it is. This might get the crack grow bigger especially if it is at a place where cars are driven and children play. Leaving a crack as it is is not a good idea at all. It is better to fix the crack before something else goes wrong. Now, fixing the crack; there are many ways to do that. One of the simplest ways is to just fill it in. Filling the crack won’t be that hard to do and is quite an affordable project.
If your asphalt driveway is damaged in a crack form, it can be fixed easily with some tools and few easy steps. You will need to find an asphalt sealer at any hardware store, so if you have any questions it is better to ask your hard store assistant to obtain a suitable product for your problem. Anyone can do it, so here are the steps on how to do it.
You will need:
- Asphalt sealer
- High pressure washer or garden hose with a sprayer nozzle
- Asphalt sealer applicator
- Asphalt crack repair
- First, clean your asphalt driveway before fixing the crack. You can either use a high pressure washer or a garden hose with a sprayer nozzle. After the cleaning, leave your asphalt driveway to dry.
- Then, you need to check and determine the size of the crack on your asphalt driveway. If the crack is a narrow one, you need to get a silicone tube of asphalt crack repair to be able to fix it.
- Fill the asphalt crack repair into a silicon gun, which you can find at a hardware store. Press the silicon gun firmly into the crack to fill it with the asphalt crack repair. Leave the filler to dry completely.
- Next, seal the asphalt after the crack filler has dried. You can either use a normal asphalt sealer from your local hardware store, to do this step, or spread it on using a sealer applicator and leave it off to dry.
- If the crack in your asphalt is a wide crack one then you need to get some asphalt crack filler to fill in that crack. Follow the instructions on the label provided with the product when applying it to your asphalt crack. You could also get this product from any local hardware store. Apply an asphalt sealer if necessary.