In order to have an elegant Christmas tree that has a bit of a crafty feel, you need to place a ribbon tree topper on top of the tree. Your decorative Christmas tree ribbon topper can be tied into a huge floral bow and making this type of crafty tree topper to definitely save you money. Besides that, you can make it a family affair of decorating the tree ribbon toppers giving your Christmas tree design a much more sentimental value. These handmade tree toppers can also be a thoughtful and creative kind of gifts for the holidays.
What you need to do:
- Green floral wire
- Wire snips
- Hot glue gun (optional)
- Wired ribbon
- Craft scissors
- Decorative gems and beads
- Heat-set tool (optional)
- Christmas tree
- Empty paper towel roll
Christmas Tree Ribbon Toppers
- Firstly, you need to measure your green floral wire and cut it at least 6-inch in length.
- Then, you need to determine the ribbon color of your choice such as gold, red and green plaid or silver along with its ribbon materials for instance lush velvet, filmy organza, rich brocade and elegant satin. You also need to cut the ribbon length according to your desired length using craft scissors.
- Next, you need to decorate the ribbon using craft items like a flat-backed glass gem or bead with tweezers. You just need to apply a dab of glue from your hot glue gun at the back of each gem before pressing them onto the ribbon. If you do not have a glue gun, you can use adhesive-enhanced gems or beads or a combination of both item with a heat-set tool. All these décor materials can be placed all around the ribbon giving a more decorative look to your tree topper.
- Attach your decorated ribbon craft to the bow.
- After that, you have to slide the length of the wire through the knot of the bow in the back, but if you are unable to slide it through, do not force it. Another option is to attach the wire to the knot in the back of your bow using a small dot of hot glue.
- Next step to do is to hold the bow up on top of your Christmas tree in a right position before you start to wrap the wire around the top of the tree. Wrap it tightly at least three or four times and then twist its end together before you start to bend them down in order to hide them against the top of your Christmas tree.
- Make sure you allow your ribbon streamers to drape down the sides of your Christmas tree.
- For a more attractive look, you can wrap the ribbon streamers around empty cardboard paper towel roll so that it will have a curled effect. Once finished, remove the paper towel roll and start manipulating the wired ribbon into tight or even loose waves reflecting to the way you like it to be.
- Always choose the side of your bow that looks best to be on the front as long as there is nothing that is attached to the bow’s front like a beading or other embellishment.