It is a common thing for people who celebrate Christmas around the world to decorate their homes for the festive holidays and using Icicle lights is one of the decorations that are easy to install, but not an easy task when trying to store them after the season is over. Nowadays, Icicle lights are used especially in areas where the climate does not have snow or ice during the winter and it not only adds a touch of realism to the festivity, but also brightens up your home with its attractive colors and shapes. If it is not stored properly, you will damage or tangle the lights and you will not be able to use it in future.
What you need to do:
- Plastic wrap
- Plastic zip ties, 6 inch
- Old shoe box
- Icicle lights
- Tape measure
- Firstly, you have to remove the Icicle lights from the place that you hang them such as the wall, windows or roof. Then you need to lay them down on a flat surface before measuring the length of your icicle light string.
- After that, you have to cut a section of your plastic wrap with the length of the light string that you have measured earlier. Next step is for you to lay the plastic wrap over the Icicle lights.
- Then, you have to place the Icicles close to the main string before you start to twist the plastic wrap around the lights and secure the lights to the main string. By doing this method, you would be able to prevent the lights from tangling when it is packed and stored.
- Next step to do is to grab one end of your light string, wrap it around your arm starting from your hand to your elbow. You need to continue doing this method in a circular motion right until the lights are wound.
- Once done, you have to remove the lights carefully from your arm in order to avoid it to be unwinding. Right after that, you have to place a plastic zip tie around the center of your Icicle lights, pull it tight so that you would be able to contain the lights.
- Then, you must fold the light string in half by making the zip tie as its center location and wrap another additional zip tie around the lights so that you would be able to create a smaller and a much more compact light set.
- Finally, you can place your lights into a box or an unused shoe box and repeat the same method until all of your lights are stored properly before you place the lid back on the box.