A home security executive protection is a more advanced security than the normal system that you might notice at normal house. This type of protection is also known as Close Personal Protection, for example security measures, which are normally provided to ensure the safety of high profile persons (VIPs) or other persons who might be exposed to any outside risk due to their employment, celebrity status, wealth, associations or geographical location. Some of the executive protection security types include home security systems, bodyguards, armored vehicles and vehicle scramble plans, mail screening, private jet travel, background checks for other employees, and other precautions. If the need arises, the protection might also include their immediate and/or extended family members so that they are protected from any event of kidnapping and extortion purposes.
To executive protection, you need to do:
- Stand-by Generator
- Residential Guards
- House location
- Surrounding neighborhood and residence
- Entry control
- Intruder alarm
- Safe room
- Watch dog
How to Executive Protection – Home Security
- One of the security measures involves executive protection is by having a residential security that is to prevent potential kidnappers, intruders and also to obstruct whatever their intention once they enter your house perimeter. Some security companies also provide an extra package that caters for top executives on international trips by providing them with luxury house rentals complete with servants and chauffeur-driven cars. Do take note that by securing the residential premises is the first basic thing to do in an executive protection line of defense against kidnappers.
- Another important thing to adhere to is the locations of the residence, its neighborhood (not located in a secluded area), make sure that there are several routes for moving in or out of the area and also the condition of the street must be in good conditions whenever you are involved in executive protection.
- People who are involved in this type of security will always make an effort to study the surrounding of the neighborhood, take notes of their regular activities and regular situations that occur in the area. They will also observe suspicious people who loiter around, working or sitting in cars, unusual trucks or vans parked or wandering around the area.
- You should also try to avoid busy residential streets, which are overcrowded but choose an area where its houses area arranged in regular patterns with straight streets, scattered trees and low vegetation. Another step is to choose neighborhood that has signs of effective law enforcement and frequent patrols that is good to deter of any criminals.
- Check and make sure your residence comes with sufficient number of windows, secured bars, there is no hiding place for potential criminals within the house compounds such as trees and vegetation, physical boundaries like walls or fences, procedural boundaries like residential guard checkpoints as well as psychological boundaries such as shrubbery or flower beds.
- To have perimeter security to the residence itself whether for its inner grounds (to use thorn plants below window, culverts, sewers, storm drains and duct systems) or outer perimeters that include fences, walls and bushes.
- Well-trained large dogs should also be considered as an alarm system because it is normally protective animal that will detect, deter and delay any intruders from breaking into your residence. A barking dog is always a first line of defense against intruders and much effective for protection.
- You should always be prepared and stay alert all the time. Prepare your house key whenever you return to your house and if you see a door or window has been forced open, you should automatically contact 911 or the local authority immediately.
- Install good lighting for adequate view of your surrounding of secured areas and minimize shadows or dark secluded corner of your residence.
- Your exterior doors should be fitted with solid wood or covered with steel while the windows should be shuttered with laminated glass, installed with adhesive polyester film or even wired netting. Alarm sensor also is a good device to be installed on doors and windows because it is an effective deterrent when there is any intrusion or break-in.
- The rooftop of your house should also be protected for example roof hatches, skylights, air-conditioning system, air-purification devices and access ladders, plus you should have mounted CCTV cameras on your rooftop that will add more security to the area so that your security personnel will be able to view images of the areas.