Identify Blueberry Bushes
When we create a garden for us, we tend to plant the most decorative colors of plants that we can find. Decorative plants are chosen in a way that they are fruitful to us, yes most of the time, they will be fruits. Blueberry bushes certainly have the same vibe around them. Not only are they attractive, they are also fruits that we can make use of. In many ways, it is considered fruitful to have blueberry bushes in our garden as for one; this type of plant doesn\’t exist everywhere in the world. It\’s only the lucky places with the suitable climate can have blueberry bushes grow blissfully. On the plus side, since these bushes come colored, it creates a nice decorative factor to our garden.
Blueberry bushes are normally used to provide a certain kind of attractiveness to your garden or landscape, plus also its berry-like fruits can be eaten directly from the plant or you can even use it to make jams, syrups, pies, pancakes, muffins and other baked goods. Blueberries can be found in North America, Europe and some parts of Asia. Some of the most common blueberry bushes include the highbush, half-high, lowbush and rabbiteye blueberries. It is not difficult grow and harvest blueberry bushes, but one need to learn the steps right so as not to commit any errors when taking care of Blueberry bushes.
What you need:
- Observe the growth of the blueberry bush
- Observe the plants stems and branches
- Observe the leaves of the plants
- Observe the flowers
- Observe the berries itself
- Observe the growth of the blueberry bush because there are a few types of blueberry bush and the most commonly used for commercial cultivation are the Highbush varieties which grow higher and produce berries that are easier to harvest. There are also the Lowbush varieties which are known as the wild blueberries.
- In order to identify the plant, you can also observe the stems and branches of the plant. Its branch is normally smooth, with no thorns and comes in light brown color or maybe with darker brown speckles that provides an attractive contrast to the leaves, flowers and fruit.
- You can also identify it through the plant\’s leaves which are smooth, dark green with yellow accents on the veins, plus also along its outside edges. Its leaf clusters are also pinnate and grow in small groupings of at least 6 or lesser. During fall season, the leaf will turn into many shining shades ranging from yellow to bright crimson.
- The blueberries can be identified through its varieties of flowers such as small, bell-shaped, and a pinkish-purplish-white in color.
- Blueberries normally start out with light lilac in color and once they grow, it becomes dark purplish blue. The berries grow in clusters, like very small grapes. You may also notice the shriveled remains of blueberry bush flowers that cling onto the bottom ends of the berries. During a dry spell, you could also notice that the leaves will begin to crack and produce a dark purple juice.