Another great way to create a larger look for your room and to save space is by installing a door mirror on your closet door. Door mirror installation is the solution to your problem if you are looking to create an illusion of space in your bedroom or want to get ready for work faster without changing in the bathroom. The steps of installation are easy to do by yourself and think about the savings that you can get. You can find most of these items that you need in a house hardware store or discount store. If in doubt, always ask for help with the store assistant when finding the items that you need. Here are the steps you need to take to install a mirror door on your closet door successfully:
Materials and tools that you need:
- mirror, tape measure
- ¼ inch mirror clips and hardware
- ¼ inch drill bit
- Phillips-head drill bit
- First, measure the thickness of your closet door and purchase a mirror clip set with screws that will fit the thickness of your door. If there are screws that come out at the back of your door, make sure not to insert them back.
- Next, determine the position of your mirror on the closet door. To measure, hold up the mirror against the closet door. Trace using a pencil a 1 inch mark on each corner. The mark will help you with the locations for each of the mirror clip.
- On each of the corner marking that you made, drill a hole by using a ¼ inch drill bit. You have to be careful not to drill all the way through the door. Then, place the drywall anchors into the pre-drilled hole. To secure them, use a hammer and gently tap the anchors into the door. The anchors will act as a support and will lessen any further damage to the closet doors although you won\’t be installing the screws into the drywall.
- After that, you can install the bottom mirror clips by using the screws provided. Make sure that you don\’t tighten them fully. Carefully insert your mirror onto the bottom clips. Before tightening up the clips, make sure that the mirror will fit. To know whether your mirror is leveled, use a level to measure. Secure the bottom clips by using the provided screws.
- Finally, slide the mirror into the top clips. Tighten both clips by screwing in the screws provided. Make sure that the mirror is leveled and secure.