Using a doorway pull-up bar is one of the ways for you to keep yourself fit and exercise your chest and arms if you do not have the time to go to the gym. Before you decide to install a doorway pull-up bar, you have to make sure that your door frame is strong enough to hold your weight and also the pull-up bar so that you will not encounter any damage to your door frame and door. Once you have determined that your door frame can handle the weight, you can start to look and purchase the pull-up bar depending on your personal preference and pricing. The door frame is the most suitable place to mount a pull-up bar because it is easy to remove and you can store it after you have finished your exercise. A doorway pull-up bar is easy to use, easy to install without the need for some extra skills and below are some of the instructions that you can follow in order to install a doorway pull-up bar.
What you need to do:
- Make sure that your door frame is strong enough to handle your weight.
- Pull-up bar kit.
- First of all, you have to measure your doorway frame before purchasing the pull-up bar. Most of the doorway pull-up bars in the market today comes with an easy to fit onto a 32-inch doorway frame with border trim. You will need at least a 32-inch of total leeway that can be distributed evenly on either side of the door. Make sure to avoid installing it onto doors located in a corner and also doors with weak frames.
- Once you have determine the location to install the pull-up bar, you have to decide on the model of the pull-up bar that suits you better in terms of usage, durability and affordability.
- The installation steps are easy and the first thing that you have to do is to center the pull-up bar onto the door frame and then raise the pull-up bar so that its rear horizontal beam will be able to rests on top of the trim. As for the horizontal beam on the inside of the door frame, it should be resting on the frame and ensure it is parallel to it as well as with the floor.
- If you feel that the pull-up bar is not resting comfortably on the frame, you have to install the door “J” brackets so that the pull-up bar will be fasten against the frame but by using this method, it will leave holes on your walls. This method is also an option if you want to use it or not is up to your own preference.
- After finishing your installation, you have to make sure it is strong enough to hold your weight by performing a few assisted pull-ups using a stool or chair (for safety in case the bar is not strongly secured) and if it is done, you can start doing your exercise straight away.
- You do not have to worry about the pull-up bar maintenance because literally it requires zero maintenance. You only have to always remember and make sure that the bar is securely placed on your door frame at all times when you are using it and also your walls should not have cracks or they might break due to the pressure of the weight.