Nowadays, shower curtains and liners, curtain rods, rings and hook sets come with variety of design and combinations that will change your bathroom look. Most of the shower curtains in the market come with a standard size that can fit into any bathroom size but you can make use of the many accessories that are available in your local hardware stores such as different heights and design of rods, shower curtain rings or colourful shower curtain of your preferred choice. Below are some of the steps to enable you to have some knowledge on how to install a shower curtain in your shower.
What you need:
- A shower curtain rod
- Mount brackets and screws
- A measuring tape
- A pencil
- A Philips screwdriver
- Curtain rings
- A shower curtain
- Step ladder
- First of all, you need to hang the rod of your shower curtain that you have chosen either a tension or spring curtain rod where it may come with a straight type or curved.
- A shower curtain rod that has tension springs allows it to remain in place without it slipping under the weight of the shower curtain and its liner. Make sure to measure the length of your chosen shower curtain. If you choose a standard 72-inch-by-72-inch shower curtain and a liner set, you can position the rod approximately 75-inch to 77-inch from your shower floor.
- After that, you can attach the shower curtain rings where you can extend the length of your chosen shower curtain by at least 1-inch to 3-inch. You can just simply select either a single rings or double ring which is made of plastic or metal.
- Apart from that, you can also use a single standard plastic rings that provides approximately 1-inch to 1 ½-inch of extra length. If you choose a longer shower curtain rings, it provides from 2-inch to 3-inch for additional length.
- If you survey the current metal curtain-ring in the market, it comes with varieties of function such as links whereby you will be able to attach one ring to another that enables you to add length and also style.
- Finally, it is time for you to hang the curtain and its liner where you can position them so that the holes in each are aligned perfectly from one end to another. The wrong side of the curtain will be facing the liner when it is hanged from your curtain rod. You can attach its rings by pushing one by one through the shower curtain and liner that already comes with individual holes.
- If you are using a standard 72-inch-by-72-inch shower curtain, it is recommended that the shower curtain be hanged at least 3-inch to 5-inch of length between the hem of your curtain to the bathroom floor. You can also adjust the shower rod and its position on the shower walls in order to change the position of your shower curtain or hang the shower curtain enabling it to fall down to the floor.