Installation of laminate floor is easy and when it\’s complete, it will definitely look as good as hardwood flooring. Some of the laminate flooring is also known as floating laminate flooring where you can install it without using adhesive, nails or staples. The only tedious parts of installing this type of flooring is when you are trying to install it around obstacles in the toilet such as doorways, bathtubs, sinks and toilets. Below are some of the steps to enable you to install laminate flooring around a toilet.
What you need:
- Adjustable wrench
- Combination square
- China marker
- Saber saw
- First of all, you have to turned off the water inside your toilet and then remove the particular toilet from the floor. Put aside away from your work place so that you will have enough space to work in.
- After that, make sure that you plug the drain hole by using a damp towel for keeping the toxic sewage fumes from coming up the toilet area while you are working on the installation.
- Then, you need to scape off the wax seal found on the flange; which is the pipe fitting that connects the toilet accessories to your room\’s floor.
- The next step is to use a combination square for drawing a box shape on the piece of flooring. This can be made by using china marker so that it will indicate the flange outer edges. Then, you have to bend around the outside of the flange into a flexi-curve.
- After that, place the flexi-curve on a piece of flooring with its inside edges to be aligned with the previous box that you have drawn earlier in Step 4.
- Then, trace around the outer edge of the flexi-curve in order for you to cut the laminate at least 1/4-inch gap for further expansion.
- Next, use a saber saw for cutting out the marked circle that you have made before laying down the particular floor. After that, you need to seal the flange back using a silicone caulk.
- Finally, you can replace the toilet back to its original position but first you have to make sure that the floor has dried completely.