Nowadays, there are lots of Christmas decorations that are ready made for people to purchase from shopping malls and Christmas bazaar fair. All of these items sometimes are expensive and some of them you can even make it by yourself or even with the help of your children and family members. For instance, you can create your very own unique three dimensional Santa Claus wall decoration to brighten up the atmosphere inside your living room. You can be creative in your design whether to make the Santa Claus look the traditional way or change the appearance, according to your liking and decoration theme.
What you need to do:
- White sheet of paper
- Black marker
- Piece of cardboard
- Wallpaper glue
- Acrylic paint
- Cotton balls
- Firstly, you need to draw the outline of the Santa Claus figure, according to your desire or imagination on a white sheet of paper. Draw the sketch using a black marker so that you would be able to see it clearly. If you think that you do not have the skill to draw the picture of him, you can also print out Santa Claus picture of your choice.
- Next thing to do is to take a piece of cardboard and glue the sheet of paper that you have drawn your Santa onto the cardboard. After that, you have to cut your Santa Claus drawing carefully, but make sure the glue has dried thoroughly. Then, you need to glue wadded up balls of newspaper to the cutout board of your Santa Claus until you managed to cover its entire surface completely. You have to use bigger or more balls of newspaper where you think is appropriate for example Santa’s belly should be thicker than the rest of his body.
- The next step is for you to take a container of wallpaper glue in order for you to dip one inch wide strips of newspaper into it. Then, you have to apply them to the front of your Santa Claus cutout, back section and the sides. You must ensure that you cover all section of the cutout.
- After that, you need to leave the cutout in a sunny area to allow it to dry out for several days. Once it has dried out thoroughly, you can paint the dried Santa Claus cutout by adding facial features, imaginative colors and gluing cotton balls onto the cutout making its beard look more realistic.
- Finally, you should look for a string with suitable length and glue the string to the back of your cutout before you can start hanging the three dimensional Santa Claus decoration from a nail in your living room wall.