During this coming Christmas celebration, you can make lots of funky and beautiful decorations to be displayed in your house and one of the ways to do just that is by recycling your empty glass bottles of any shape and size. These crafty empty glass bottle decorations can be a part of your family activities, which include your kids lending a hand; they will definitely love doing it so much. You can place several decorated bottles in one area creating your very own themed decoration or even displaying them as your dining table centerpiece or even setting it along a windowsill during this festive occasion.
What you need to do:
- Empty syrup or honey bottle (including the lid)
- Oil craft paint (gold or silver)
- Small Christmas lights
- Miniature ornaments
- Paper plate
- Chenille stem
- Hot glue gun
Christmas Empty Glass Bottle
- Firstly, make sure that you have cleaned up all the bottles thoroughly using warm water and soap and allow all the bottles to dry before you start doing any decorations with the bottles.
- Then, you can use oil paints to paint the Christmas designs of your choice on the outside of the selected bottles.
- You can try several designs on your own. Search on the net to be inspired or ask your kids what they would like to have. For example, you can paint Christmas trees; wreaths, snowmen, snowflakes, reindeer or holly leaves which usually the traditional ideas are chosen during Christmas season. Once you finish the painting process, you have to allow the paint to dry completely.
- To further make the decorations more attractive and something that your children will appreciate, you can add other embellishments that you like from the outside of the bottle. Kids love adding more stuff so ask them what they would like to add and make them add it themselves.
- Other options that you can also use for inside the bottles are small Christmas lights, little ornaments, pieces of greenery or ribbons and pieces of silver tinsel, or even filling the bottles with Christmas candies or colorful beads which is up to your own creativity.
- Finally, you can tie a red or green ribbon around the top of your bottles for a merrier look. This helps to create a nicer ‘present’ kind of look.
- Once finished, you can hang the crafty bottle as Christmas ornaments on your Christmas tree or place it on your fireplace’s deck or table as well as hang them near the window of your children’s bedroom.