Ornament hooks can be made from any ordinary plain wire that would enable it to be hanged on your Christmas tree. In order to make it more attractive, you can add a few jewelry-making supplies making ordinary ornament hooks look like beautiful hooks for your decorations.
What you need to do:
- 18-gauge wire stock
- Wire cutters
- Needle-nosed pliers
- 1/4-inch dowel
- Seed beads
- 1/2-inch dowel
- Firstly, you have to cut a 4-inch section of 18-gauge wire using wire cutters for each of the hook that you want to create.
- Then, you have to use a needle-nosed plier to pinch one end of the wire and pull it tightly against the sides of a 1/4- inch dowel before wrapping it around the dowel so that you would be able to create a hook on one end.
- Once done, you need to slide a few colorful (normally we would be using the traditional red and green colored beads) seed beads onto the straight end of your wire or you can use the same colors that will complement the décor that you use for your living room or which ever room that you want to decorate.
- After that, you need to pinch the straight end of the wire by using a needle-nosed plier and wrap it one time around a 1/2-inch dowel.
- The next step to do is to slide the wire off the dowel and pinch the end of it again and then twist it in order to coil it inward to create a spiral shape.
- Then you have to slide the wire loop of your ornaments onto the hook-end of the ornament hooks. Slide them down until you reach the spiral end and you are ready to hang the hook ends onto your Christmas tree branches.