During the festive season especially for the gift-giving month, the thought of how to organize and to store gift wrap has become the basic attention grabber to many of us. During the holidays, it is often a fun and joyous moment to wrap presents for your family and friends. However, preserving and storing your wrap is a good way for saving these present wraps if you have the extra unused gift wraps. These unused wraps will be kept much longer and they can still be used for the next holiday season and at the same time, you are preventing unwanted garbage from happening thus saving the environment. Here are the steps on how to make a storage for your gift wraps.
You will need:
- Plastic Or Wicker Hampers
- Storage Space
- Rubber Bands
- Plastic Bins in Different Sizes
Gift Wrap Storage
- Firstly, find empty plastic containers, wicker baskets, plastic or wicker hamper and suitcases in your house. You can also purchase these things at the home improvement store if there is none that is available in your house.
- Make sure to buy a woven wicker hamper with fabric lining to prevent your gift wraps from getting torn. Think about the space in your house that is suitable for your storage, such as under beds for long bins and closet corners for the hampers. You should also check whether the containers are long enough to store the length of the wrapping paper. For gift wraps decorations and bows, you can purchase smaller containers for storage.
- Then, collect and secure your excess wrapping paper rolls. Roll the little bits of your paper gifts leftover tightly and place inside the tube of another wrappers.
- Fold smaller scraps of paper and then place them with tissue paper. Take a piece of rubber band or tape to secure the rolls. Be careful not to wrinkle and to pinch the paper.
- Next, keep the gift wraps inside a plastic bin, suitcase or hamper. These storage containers will help to organize and preserve the gift wrap by keeping it in order and dust-free. You could also purchase custom-made gift wrapping organizers, but mostly are unnecessary and pricey. It will be better if the larger storage could place the smaller storage containers for bows, name tags and ribbons.
- Store together with a tape and a pair of scissor with the entire gift wrappings. Be careful not to overload your storage. This will save more space and it will be easier for you to find all the things that you need for wrapping gifts.
- Make sure to organize the gift wrappings, according to the season and theme. Using clear plastic boxes will allow you to see the content and keeping them tidy. By keeping your wrapping storage organized, it will be easier for you to search boxes to find the needed gift wraps in the future.