Gwen Stefani Inspired Socks
Besides her music, Gwen Stefani is also best known for her bizarre fashion sense. She even has her own clothes label called L.A.M.B.. She is often seen in pumps, which are closed-toe high heels. However, being Gwen Stefani, she always manages to take even the most boring things to the next level. Here is how you can make your very own pair of Gwen Stefani socks. All you need is a pair of old school socks. Gwen Stefani usually wears white socks with her pumps. But not everyone has pumps as fancy as hers, and therefore, you may opt to dress up the socks if you are to wear them with plain black pumps.
- If your socks have an indication of where the heel should be, this would be easy for you. Most white school socks have a darker shade on the sole of the feet and around the heel. Cut the heel out. If you are using socks that do not have these different shades, you will have to estimate how much to cut yourself.
- Before starting, flatten the sock so that one entire side faces up. Lay it down on a flat surface. Next, using a tube-shaped object (for example, a role of cellophane tape), trace part of a circle onto the sock where the heel should go. Do not make such a big circle or the whole sock might tear into two while you are wearing them.
- Next, you will need to cut off the part where the toes go. The best way to do this is to flatten the sock so that the entire top part faces up. You should cut the sock this way, and not when the sock is flatten side-to-side so that you end up with a straight cut.
- Do the same for the other side of the sock.
- You now have a basic pair of Gwen Stefani inspired socks. If you have a pair of funky heels, you should wear your Gwen Stefani inspired socks as they are now.
- Alternatively, you can also decorate your pair of socks to go with a boring pair of pumps. Sew sequins, labuccis and buttons onto the sock. Remember only to sew on decorations above the ankle and on the visible part of the sock or it might become uncomfortable to wear.
- Another idea would be to use a different coloured pair of socks, or even ones with patterns on them.