During Halloween celebrations, every one will try to make a decoration that is unique and eye-catching to the people who see it. With a beautiful Halloween bucket decorations that you create by yourself or together with your children, will definitely makes Halloween even more memorable. It will also be nice to use for trick or treat activities for your children and friends. Below are some ideas in creating Halloween bucket for the upcoming festive holidays.
What you need:
- Bucket (such as ice cream container, plastic pail)
- Black and orange pipe cleaners
- Black and orange construction or tissue paper
- Twigs and artificial leaves
- Black acrylic paint
- Assorted decorations (trims, ribbon, pompoms, lace, beads)
- Craft glue
- Decorating a Halloween bucket is not an expensive work. You can use re-cycle items that you already have in your house and creative ideas to design it accordingly. You can use children’s art sets to make it even beautiful or add scary Halloween shapes like bats, black cats and pumpkins. The activities can also be a family affair project between parents and children.
- First of all, you can paint twigs and artificial leaves with black colour paint and then let it dry for a few minutes. This is only for additional decoration; you can also draw it directly onto the bucket if you like.
- After that, you need to cut the construction or tissue paper to wrap around the bucket with glue. Use decorative shapes with orange or black colours to decorate the bucket and also glue some of the twigs, leaves and assorted decorations using your creativity. You can even create the shapes using a stencil if you are not confident decorating the bucket directly. Stencil can be made by just tracing a particular drawing of your choice and then when finished you can use the stencil to draw on the bucket.
- Then, you have to make two holes on the opposite sides of the bucket in order to create the handle of the Halloween bucket. After that, thread a pipe cleaner through holes that you have made and then twist the ends for you to secure the bucket handles.
- For additional decoration, you can even add a funky paper fringe. You can use a 2-inch (5cm) piece of construction paper that you already have around the top edge of the bucket. Then, you need to cut strips around the bucket by using a scissors or pencil and curl the strips slightly. Your Halloween bucket can now be use either for decoration or trick or treat purposes.
Hopefully you will have a good time in doing the above project during the upcoming Halloween celebrations.