During any holiday celebrations, every one will try to make a decoration that is unique and eye-catching to the people who see it. Making claypot snowman is one of the ways to do that. With beautiful and creative snowman that you create by yourself using your own creativity will definitely makes the holidays even more memorable. Below are some tips and ideas in creating Claypot snowman for the upcoming festive holidays.
What you need:
- Terracotta clay pot
- Styrofoam ball
- White acrylic paint
- Textured snow paint
- Felt snowman hat (can be purchase in craft store or use anything that looks like a hat)
- Red knitted tube
- Piece of red felt
- White embroidery floss
- 6 mm red wooden ball
- Black dimensional pain
- Wooden shishkebob skewer
- Tacky glue
- Hot glue gun
- First of all, you need to paint the outside of the terracotta pot with white paint and do not paint the bottom of the terracotta pot. After finish painting it, let it dry thoroughly.
- Then, you need to use the hot glue gun for attaching the Styrofoam ball onto the pot and let it dry before continuing with the next step.
- The next step is to paint the textured snow paint over the head and pot and then let it dry thoroughly overnight which will take approximately up to 24 hours.
- In order to make the hat, you need to cut a small band from the red felt and use the tacky glue to glue it onto the top of the pot. You have to place the glue on the inside cylinder of the hat using the hot glue gun.
- After that, cut a much longer piece from the red felt and tie its end with a white embroidery thread. Then, tie it around the neck of the snowman.
- For additional accessories to the snowman, you can add a broom using a bundle of raffia pieces and bind them off at one end. Then attached it into the centre of the wooden shish kebob skewer using the tacky glue and let it dry. When it is dry, attach the broom onto the snowman using the hot glue gun.
- For making the snowman’s face, you can glue the red bead onto the face of the snowman for the nose. As for the eyes, use a dimensional paint to draw it and glue a few buttons onto the snowman. The Claypot Snowman is now ready to be decorated.
Hopefully you will have a good time in doing the above project during the upcoming festive season with all those cute claypot snowmen making it more enjoyable occasion to celebrate.