When Christmas time gets near, we wonder what more can we do to decorate our home. What more can we do to welcome this festive season into our home. For the upcoming celebration of Christmas, there are many ways that one can celebrate it.
Not many of us think of lighting up the inside of the house well. We tend to focus more on lighting the outside of the house to create a great welcoming entrance for relatives and friends alike. This time we are going to focus a bit more on lighting up the inside of the house. There are many ways to light up the inside of the house safely so let’s take a look at one of the ways to do it below.
Christmas electric candle is another décor that you can use instead of candles, if you fear for the safety of your children, as it can also provide your house with warm, cozy atmosphere, especially when you are celebrating Christmas time. The electric candles offer the same ambiance as normal candles and you would also be able to use electric candles to have a more sophisticated look with paper lampshades. You can make several lampshade designs not only for Christmas, but also for other festive mood and the lampshade can diffuse light and cover the old-style light bulbs that you own.
What you need to do:
- Heavyweight, Christmas patterned parchment paper
- Mathematical compass
- Glue stick
- 18-gauge wire
- Wire nips
Christmas Electric Candles
- First step to take is to spread the parchment paper out on a flat clean surface with its back facing up. Then, you have to adjust your mathematical compass to 1/2 inch wide before placing the point of the compass against the paper’s edge. Once done, you need to draw a half circle.
- The next step is for you to do adjustment on your mathematical compass to about 4 inches wide before placing the point of your compass at the center of the curve in your half circle. After that you need to draw a second half circle in order to create the shape of your lampshade.
- Both of your half circles need to be cut out that will result in a 4-inch wide paper half circle. Next, you have to curl the half circle into a cone shape while the 1/2-inch half circle needs to be placed on top of it. Then, you have to overlap the edges before you start to glue them together using a glue stick. Leave the glue to dry thoroughly overnight.
- Take an 18-gauge wire and cut it into a 6-inch piece. Next step is to curl the last inch of the gauge wire around the base of your candle’s light bulb. After that, you have to curl the wire loosely in a 3-inch vertical column ending in a second 1-inch circle. Once finished, you can set the lampshade on top of the wire coil.