One of the main menus during a Thanksgiving dinner is a nice home cook Turkey that will make every one hungry just by smelling the aroma from the kitchen. Example given below is one of the ways to prepare a home cook turkey for Thanksgiving dinner for the whole family members or invited guests.
What you need:
- A fresh quality turkey
- A Cooking Pan
- Cooking \’TOOLS\’
- An Oven or a Microwave
- First of all, you need to choose a turkey which is suitable and also enough to cater for the number of people in your family or your invited guest for example if your guest are more than 14 people, you need to purchase two medium size turkeys (that weighs 12 to 15 pounds). Do start early when you prepare to cook turkey for Thanksgiving because you need to thaw the frozen turkey first before you can start cooking and the time differs depending on the weight of the turkey.
- A few things need to be done a night before Thanksgiving such as brine the turkey up to 24-hours with a cup of salt and a gallon of water using a cooler or stock pot. This is to enable the turkey to retain its moisture. Place the turkey in a roasting pan and separate its skin, then butter the area between the skin and the turkey using a 1/4 to 1/2 stick of butter. Also marinade the turkey with lemon juice, Teriyaki and or Soy Sauce. Using more acidic item will give you less time to marinade of up to 2 hours.
- When its time for you to cook the turkey, you need to pre-heat the oven up to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Once the oven is ready and pre-heated accordingly, insert the turkey using the roasting pan and set the cooking times. The cooking times will also depend on the weight of the turkey which is between 15 to 20 minutes per pound.
- Finally when the turkey is done, you will be able to the juicy looks along with golden brown. You can also checked using a cooking thermometer to determine whether it is done or not for example 180 degrees Fahrenheit for the thigh or 170 degrees Fahrenheit for the breast.
- When it is done, display the turkey for about 20 minutes before you can enjoy your dinner.