Getting rid of Gnats (also known as fruit flies) in your home is easier said than done. It is one of those pesky insects that always live in drains, on fruit or inside the soil of indoor plants. Below are some tips to trap gnats by using unwanted household items.
What you need:
- 1 Glass jar
- 5 tbsp. Apple cider vinegar
- 2 Pieces plastic wrap, cut to fit over jar opening
- 1 Rubber band
- 1 Fork
- First of all you can use a fairly wide glass jar that you have rinse thoroughly with soap and water.
- After that you need to add 5 table spoon of apple cider vinegar or white vinegar into the jar.
- Then, cut out a sheet of plastic wrap into two pieces with the same exact size and it should be large enough to cover the mouth of the glass jar with approximately one-inch to spare.
- You will have to place both of the plastic wrap that you have cut on top of the glass jar and secure the plastic lid using a rubber band. Make sure that the plastic wrap is really secure because the fruit flies are small insects that can escape very easily.
- You also need to poke some holes on the plastic wrap that have secured on top of the glass jar using a fork. Make sure that the holes are too close to each other or close to the edge of the lid because this will provide the gnats with easy escape route. Then, you need to place the glass jar trap near the location where you found the pest, or if a few areas has been identify to have similar problem, you can make several traps to remove and clean all the gnats around your house.