If you notice that your wardrobes are outdated, some of them are torn or maybe you are bored with them but your financial situation right now does not permit you to purchase new clothes, do not worry. You just have to look carefully into your closet and be more creative to re-design your old clothes for them to look like new ones. Below are some of the steps and ideas for making your old clothes look like they are new:
What you need:
- Choose the clothes that you want to re-design
- Sewing machine
- Needle and thread
- Other optional accessories such as beads, paint, iron on transfer paper for your printer and general crafting items
- First of all, you can re-design your long skirt first for a simple make-over. Hem the skirt by a few inches or try to add some trim design to accompany the hem. You already have a new look from your old long skirt.
- For your old t-shirts, you can always cut-off the sleeves and make it a sleeveless top. Besides that, its bottom can also be cut-off for making it a crop top or even a cuts a V shape along the top of its neck to make a V-necked shirt.
- Your old jeans or pants can also be modified by trimming its ragged ends to make them shorts, or Bermuda shorts, or even Capri\’s. If you do not like ragged ends, you can hem the end of the jeans or pants. You can also add some appliqué, sequins, ribbon, lace or paint to some parts of the jeans or pants for an extreme or unique look.
- To make your old sweater look different, you can change it into a cardigan by snipping its sleeves to make it sleeveless. Then, you cut it down the middle until the end and add some buttons accordingly.