Having an organized kitchen will definitely help you better whenever you are cooking in your kitchen. Normally kitchen cabinets are designed to store dishes, drinking glasses, cups, bowls, all types of plastic house wares, cooking and baking utensils, silverware, cookbooks, cereal boxes, and canned goods. Always draw a layout before you start to organize your kitchen. Below are guides on how to organize kitchen cabinets.
What you need:
- Contact paper
- Wall shelf with hooks
- Storage pantry
- Organizer for silverware
- First of all, you need to remove all the dishes and items from the cabinets and start to categorize them accordingly like storage containers, glasses, coffee cups, plates and saucers, soup bowls, silverware, lids, big mixing bowls and casserole dishes, pots and pans, spices, food and medicine.
- Then, you need to wipe the cabinets before lining up the shelves using contact paper.
- Try to place all spices on the bottom shelf cabinet which is near the stove to be convenient to you when you are doing your cooking. As for the medicine, it is better to place it on top of the cabinet.
- Your favorite plates can be set at the bottom shelf to one side in another cabinet along with the saucers, while all the soup bowls can be placed on the top shelf above the plates and saucers.
- You can stack the storage containers in one place in a cabinet of their own.
- Drink glasses which are breakable can be placed on the bottom shelf with the top of the glass facing down and the plastic glass can be placed on the top shelf of the cabinet.
- Try to purchase a wall shelves that comes with hooks for hanging coffee cups or mugs.
- As for big mixing bowls and casserole dishes, they can be placed on top of each other\’s shelf with the mixing bowls in one cabinet and the casserole dishes in another.
- It is even nice for you to have a storage pantry for storing all food items.
- The pots and pans should have their own cabinet. You can also use an organizer that can fit inside the top drawer for you to arrange your silverware inside the organizer. All lids should also be put into the biggest drawer.