Paint Parquet Flooring
Parquet floors have grown immensely popular over the years from being merely a piece of carpet to a piece of luxury. A parquet floor is a wooden floor that is basically made from many pieces of wood put together. Parquet floors can be installed in rooms as small as a bathroom, or as big as a ballroom.
Parquet flooring\’s lifetime can last for a very long time if well-kept and preserved. In the meantime, additional care and cleaning should be done on the parquet flooring to avoid deep damage. There are proper methods that can be used to properly keep one\’s parquet flooring in good shape.
When it comes to renovating parquet flooring, it is always best to know what\’s right and how to go about with it. There are many options to choose from, and one very popular way to redesign parquet flooring is by painting the parquet flooring. Painting parquet flooring not only provide it with a new look, it will also make the parquet flooring look as good as new.
Whenever you notice that your parquet flooring is covered with stains and scratches, you might decide to paint over the parquet thus making it to look shinier, like new. When choosing to paint your parquet floors, it does not mean you have to only use one color; you may want to check out a variety of designs or colors for example, squares or even using a stencil to create your decorative border or using multi color for your parquet floor. Here are the correct ways on how to paint parquet flooring.
What you need:
- Floor and Porch Paint
- Primer sealer depending on your choice
- Paint Rollers
- Polyurethane Top Coat
- Wood Filler
- Firstly, you need to sand and clean your parquet floors in order to remove previous coats of either varnish or urethane. Besides that, you also need to remove dirt, dust, hairs or other debris so that it will not get into your paint when you started to paint the floor.
- Look out for any gaps between your floors. If there is any hole, you need to fill it up with wood filler and if there are any unwanted nails, make sure to remove it to avoid any unforeseen accidents.
- Then, you have to use a roller or paint brush to apply the primer sealant onto the wood floor. For instance, if you choose dark color paint for your floor, you may want to use a tinted primer as your primer sealer.
- Once the primer has thoroughly dried, you can apply your chosen coats of oil-based paint. If the need arises for you to do the next layer, make sure the first layer has dried thoroughly.
- After finishing applying the two coats of paint, you must at least apply three coats of polyurethane in order to keep your floorboards always in good condition.